Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Knit Purl Knit Purl

 


So, I'm addicted to anything yarn related these days. I think it's because it is the easiest hobby to take on the go! Portability for a mother is necessary- not only for out of the house, but for in the house too. My toddler loves to help momma with everything so there are times where I have to be able to pick up and move QUICKLY. This weekend I explored an old hobby- knitting. It all started with this.... DeVine Neck Warmer. I would love to someday turn that neck warmer into a table runner- only doubled in width. I tried about twenty times before I finally gave up, but I still regained an intense love for knitting. I decided since I'm a bit rusty- again another hobby I was never formally taught how to do- I'd better start with a simple stitch. The one pictured above is called the:

Seed Stitch II
Cast on an odd number of stitches.
Row 1: K1, *pl 1, k1, rep from * across row.
Row 2: P1, *k1, p1, rep from * across row.
Row 3: P1, *k1, p1, rep from * across row.
Row 4: K1, *pl, k1, rep from * across row.
Rep Rows 1-4 for pattern.
   -This pattern can be found in the Complete Photo Guide to Knitting

I plan on using that pattern to make a table runner. Once I get the base done I will add on a bunch of crocheted flowers and embroider on some vine-looking design. I'll definitely share pictures when I get it completed. This project is for my husband's aunt Julie for a nice Easter table runner. Super fun!

On another note, crocheting isn't to be forgotten. I am still working on a few things. The granny square blanket is still in progress and I stumbled across this neat pattern for a Trellis style number. I haven't broker down and bought the pattern yet, but when I run out of fun projects to do, you better believe I'll go there first! If any of you happen to buy it and complete it, POST SOME PICTURES! I'd love to see!

There seems to be a lot of debate as to whether crocheting is harder than knitting. I can do both, though I'm no expert. I started with crocheting and at first knitting took a little work. Had I started with knitting, I think crocheting would have seemed hard. There are advantages to each and knowing how to do both makes the possibilities and options unlimited. I love to crochet, but knitting is more peaceful and relaxing for me. Crocheting is faster for me, but sometimes when I do it I get so focused on going fast that I tense up. Haha maybe that is just me, but I don't tense up with knitting. BUUUUUUT I love both crocheting and knitting both!

No comments:

Post a Comment