I used to use crafting as a sort of meditation. When I got lost in a new project the world around me blurred to a peaceful hum, but after our third child was born I realized that the hum had vanished. Crafting had become a burden and I found myself being frustrated with my family because I couldn't sit down and focus on what I wanted to do. I chose to let go of my crafting obsession and focus on my family. The decision has become the best decision I have ever made!
I hope to make this blog into something special. I want to bring a light to the real life of a housewife. There are struggles, there are joys, and there is plenty to share!
Quick Facts About Me:
- I love peanut butter and jelly.
- I want 5 or 6 kids.
- I turned my life over to Christ in December 2011.
- I was born in Bartlesville, Oklahoma and moved to Kansas in 2001.
- I read a lot of books.
- I snack on pickles. Claussen to be exact.
- I am happily married since 2008. I look forward to growing old with my husband. I dream of sitting on the front porch in rocking chairs and watching the sun rise and set with the love of my life.
- I used to raise goats and yes, that means I can milk a goat faster than you.
- Someday I want to have my own novel published. I've started writing my "New York Times Bestseller" about 100 times in the last year. I haven't had that inspiration slap me hard enough yet.
- I used to be an avid crafter, but I let it go to focus completely on being the best mother and wife I can possibly be!