Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Crochet that doily!

As I said a few days ago, one of my goals is to crochet a doily from a beautiful vintage inspired pattern I found. I set out to crochet it small first and get a feel for crocheting doilies since I have yet to do one myself. WOW. I officially respect anyone who can crochet these beautiful little things! I am struggling big time with mine. It is just so intricate and it's not flat. I know you are supposed to wash it and then (block?) it to get it to lay flat, but I feel like mine won't do that no matter what I do! I'm only on the fourth round and already I'm questioning my qualifications on the art of doilies! I will persevere and hopefully I will succeed because I am absolutely in love with doilies. Don't they have such a romantic feel to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment