Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Beanie for a Bambino

Someone texted me a picture challenging me to make a baby hat like the one in the picture. Challenge? Psh. Don't threaten me with a good time.
I used some Caron Simply Soft yarn and a 6mm crochet hook. Crocheted up a simple "butterfly" beanie. This little hat would be a great last-minute baby shower gift. Can't you see a beautiful photography session happening...?

The focal point is obviously these adorable little flowers. They aren't exactly like the ones in the picture I received, but I liked how these turned out.

For these flowers I:

Ch 15-17
DC in 2nd chain from hook then DC in each chain to the end, tie off.
Roll the chain and sew the tail in to hold the flower in shape. 

I sewed on a few glass pearl-like beads.

Simple. Adorable. Fast.


Want to buy one? Check out my Etsy Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment