Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Downtown Chicago


My doily is finished. I learned how to block a doily and although I'm by far no pro at it, it was fun and my doily actually lays flat! The little bowl above was found in downtown Naperville in Illinois. I have a thing for pottery, what can I say?

You don't see these types of busses everywhere, but I spied one in Chicago! This beauty was sitting right outside Sifu when we first parked.

This has been a very exciting weekend. I was able to visit downtown Chicago and get a feel for the area's vibe! I visited a few little shops and of course I had deep dish pizza and Chicago style hot dogs!

My favorite place in downtown Chicago is called Sifu Design Studio. This fun little shop was like walking into a needlework fantasy world. I found some great tatting thread which I will use to crochet something in micro-form. Check out Sifu for your needlework needs, they have a great website and Lisa offers classes all the time!
I also found a few different yarns to add to my stash until I decide what to do with them. The cute rings and vintage knitting needles were just an added bonus to this amazing little shop.
This little pie pan was found in another great little shop called "Roost" which was right up the road from Sifu. I cannot say enough good things about this little antique store, but they have an amazing assortment of collectible antiques. I happen to be a Mason jar obsessor and when I walked in my little eyes locked onto three of the biggest mason jars I have ever seen. Had I not be being mindful of my budget I may have purchased them. Now that I am home I wish I had gotten one!



No comments:

Post a Comment